Furniture refinishing is a process that takes time. Whether you're looking to restore a contemporary kitchen table, or an antique dresser from your grandparents, you'll get the best results from a company that takes its time and doesn't skimp on the steps. CJ's Refinishing takes care to thoroughly perform as many steps as needed to give you a piece you'll be proud of. Here's what's involved:
- Stripping the piece to remove all varnish and stain
- Sand with four different grits of sandpaper — 80, 120, 180 and 220 in order — to get the smoothest possible finish
- Stain to match your desired color. CJ's Finishing even creates custom stain colors.
- Apply sealer coat
- Sand again with 400-grit sandpaper
- Apply three to four coats of lacquer sealant, sanding as needed
- If needed, repeat the sanding and lacquer process to get the best results
CJ's Refinishing can also refinish painted pieces — removing old paint and giving the piece a fresh look, even a new color!